TOR onion eCommerce Marketplace Script

Onion ecommerce script developer

Currently Viewing Posts Tagged Accesing the deep web

Is it legal to access the Deep web and use Tor?

Visits: 877
Today: 3
Total: 801553

When the browse the internet, check your email or watch a vlog on youtube, you are accessing the surface web. Also known as the visible web, this is content that anyone can access, particularly aided by search engines such as Google. Currently, 4% of the worldwide is considered a surface web (the equivalent of 8 billion pages). The remaining 96% of the worldwide web is the deep web ( or invisible web ). The deep web is any content that cannot be indexed or crawled by search engines. It is estimated that the deep web is 500 times the size of the surface web. The awkward family photos located on your Dropbox and the season two video files of the house of cards on Netflix would be hosted on the deep web, as they cannot be indexed by search engines.

The fact that the deep web is completely anonymous raises the question- is it legal to access the deep web, through anonymous browsers such as Tor ?

Accessing the deep web

To access the deep web, a dedicated browser is required. The onion router ( also known as Tor ) is the most commonly used browser, followed by 12P and free net. As the information on the deep web cannot be accessed directly, files are often hosted on a number of different, servers through peer-to-peer networking. Consequently, this method of accessing data is often encrypted and makes it difficult to track where users are located and what information or data they accessing.

So is it legal to use Tor and similar browser?

Yes- such dedicated browsers are used by the military, police, journalists, and whistleblowers to maintain their privacy online. Tor is free software and operates by concealing the user’s IP address, which prevents any personal data or metadata from being collected about the user. Tor can also be downloaded as an add on for surface web browsers.

The Dark web

Due to the anonymity that Tor and such private browser offer, unfortunately, it is also a popular nesting ground for criminal and illegal activity. As such, weapons, trading and drugs have appeared on market places on the deep web. These illegal activities are classified to be in the dark web.

Key takeaways

While using a Tor browser may be used to access the deep web, there is no guarantee, that you are safe and fully anonymous. There have been numerous instances of de-anonymizing For users by the NSA in the US, and other government agencies. Due to the nature of the deep and dark web, users can often hack others For users to find out more about them. So while it is legal to use users should be cautious of the risks.

  • Recent Posts

  • Recent Comments

  • Archives

  • Categories

  • Tags